3.11.2005

Fair Isle practice

The practice hat is finished and ready for gifting:


Fairly easy Fair Isle

When I got to the pattern on the top, I should have consulted a book for instructions on combining Fair Isle with decreases - the alternating colors all but disappeared into the k2tog on the next row. But I am not mature enough to rip it out.

Speaking of k2tog, I think I prefer the look of ssk for a basic hat, like in this pic. Does anyone else have an opinion?

This reminds me, about a year ago, when knitting my first hat, I messed up my counting on the decrease section and got an amazingly cool, intricate snowflake pattern on the top of the hat. I have never been able to duplicate it. Has anyone else ever done this? Are there any patterns available for doing this intentionally? It was my favorite decrease ever!
Cakewalk Karma
Two birds with one stone
Clapotis est fini!
Happy International Women's Day
Behold the Folly of the Irrationally Exuberant Kni...
And to the victor, the Koigu!
Llama update
Happy Birthday, Evan
Dumb idea department
Loopy Little Bag - free pattern
My Local Yarn Store
Knitty
Crack for Knitters